Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TRAILER - NIGHT OF THE CREEPS (1986)



If I were to tell you that the kid who played Rusty in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S EUROPEAN VACATION would be the lead in a horror film, you would kick me in the nuts call me a fool and push me over. If I were to tell you that Tom Atkins was going to be playing a hard-boiled cop with pulpy dialogue in the same film, you would give me a solid and ask what time the flick starts. NIGHT OF THE CREEPS gives us both.

This film has both sci-fi and horror elements and it doesn't take anything too seriously which is why it works so well. Director Fred Dekker would go on to make the ultimate horror tribute film THE MONSTER SQUAD (co-written by Shane Black fresh off LETHAL WEAPON where Atkins played Michael Hunsacker) but would also make ROBOCOP 3 which is best viewed after you have been robbed of sight and the speakers on your system are busted. NIGHT OF THE CREEPS was one of the best films of the 80's for horror fans and still stands today as Atkin's personal favorite. Ahhh Tri-Star, never have I been so happy to see a white Pegasus. Dig it!

If you scream... you're dead.

See you on forty deuce,
G